View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 07:16 PM   #5
performanceisland

Had somewhat similar problem with my m44 DASC, with the exception of this (stops turning over completely after the first two cranks) I replaced OEm BMW battery with a better, much higher CCA battery, went from 540 on bmw to 700 on autozone battery, this helped, even though the old bmw battery tests good, and has green indicator on for everythign is good.

Also i played with the throttle cable a little, unscrewed it just enoguh where it didnt raise idle at all if any, but was more consistent now, i also had a slight idle problem where once in a while it would be a roguh idel sporratically once in a while for a split second or two, liek the engine was about to die, in fact sometimes it died on me.

i think for me it was a combination of things but thats what fixed it. When i had the start problem i wanted to check the fuel pump to see if i am getting enoguh pressure to start engine, so i tuned the key to position 2, in whcih you clearly hear the fuel pump go on, i did this twice or three times to where it would not do it agian, and it always started fine, but if i did not do this it would not want to start just like you describe, it pissed me off and i started with new battery whcih helped but wasnt 100% perfect, so then i went to throttle cable.
performanceisland is offline   Reply With Quote