Thread: Clutch Fan?
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
slow_ti

Default Clutch Fan?

Hey guys. My S52 swap just got finished up about a month ago. And it's been running great. Although. Yesterday I was driving and I heard a pop. I didn't really think anything of it. I proceed driving for about 1/8 mile and I started smelling coolant through my air vents. Then I start to seriously concentrate on my temp gauge, i caught it the moment it started to rise and turned my car off and coasted into a side street. Thank god there was one right there. I open the hood, and there is coolant everywhere. My car left most of the coolant on the street. My clutch fan like exploded braking about 5 blades off the fan and hit the fan shroud and the smaller radiator hose. Not the two big ones but, the lower skinny hose on the bottom of the radiator. I don't think the radiator is damaged but the fan really destroyed the shroud and hose. I've heard that these fans have a history of kinda falling apart. I obviously have to replace the skinny hose and shroud. But my question is, go back to clutch fan and replace the blades, or go with a two electric fan set up. Suggestions would be great! Thanks