Thread: ACS type III
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 04:32 AM   #1
ajoystick

Default ACS type III

It is almost time to treat myself to some new goodies for the Ti. I have always been a huge fan of AC Schnitzer rims and came across a crazy deal on some chrome (I hate chrome with a passion) 17" type III single piece rims. I picked them up and have been storing them in my garage for over a year. The chrome is pealing and needs some love but they do not have rash and are in overall decent condition. I have talked to several powder coaters and the general senses is that I will have to have them acid bathed at a chromer to remove the chrome before I can have them properly coated. Yet i have talked to a few companies that say a simple sandblasting will be more than sufficient. At the moment I am leaning towards the chemical method but any input from the community will be considered.

-I am fairly certain that these rims are genuine, but how can i confirm this? The markings on the insides of the spokes seem to be credible but I would like to know for sure.

-And now for the fun part. My Ti is "moreagrün" and the debate is Black or classic silver finish.
ajoystick is offline   Reply With Quote