View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 05:25 AM   #11
DueceMcCracken

Well as of right now I'm doing the math. I may buy Jim's manual to get a real good idea of swap costs.

My car has been overheating progressively worse. So I troubleshot the cooling system. I flushed it twice and no oil in the coolant. I wasn't smoking either, at all. I checked my oil today and BAM!! Frothy water oil mess. Nasty stuff. I was running like 20/80 with water wetter.

The fact that neither the coolant nor oil hit the combustion chamber has me worried that my head might be cracked. I did some "not so smart" impromptu cooling system refills on the side of highways and such. Not to mention the previous owner drove the car into overheat a few times on the bad water pump. So I'm afraid of getting all the Hg stuff together just to have a cracked head. Which would then force me to stuff a rag in the gas tank and light it.

I just installed Depo Crystal clear fogs too, lol. Which came out great BTW.

So yeah...

I want to run through the costs of doing the HG myself.
Then compare it to a shop.

I do not want to swap in another M44. Not worth it. At all. Ever, unless it's been built and has a turbo, lol.

So it's either I do the HG and have my whip drivable in 1-2 months or I pinch every penny and try to get a motor swap going within 2-4 months.

*Sorry for the typo before, I meant Bimmer.

Trying to consume liquefied hops every second of every day. Mmmmm Hops...
DueceMcCracken is offline   Reply With Quote