View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 04:50 AM   #1
Pejacob97

Default key wont turn...

so i didnt know where to post this so i thought this would be the best place, if it goes somewhere else feel free to move it, anyways though...

so a couple days ago i went to turn my car off and i turned the key and pulled it out, but the car didnt turn off. Ended up choking the engine and then disconnecting the battery and pushing it into my garage. My dad and I played with the car for a while and figured a few things out. The problem was that key wouldnt turn either forward or backwards. We can get it to turn backwards though if u kinda jiggle the key and slowly pull it out, then they key will do a full 360 degrees, but then just get locked back in place. Nothing works though. The car is stuck in "accessory mode" i guess you could say. We talked to a locksmith on the phone about it and he says I either need a new ignition switch and/or a new "lock" (TO BE ORDERED BY US DEALERS ONLY 05 LOCK (WITH KEY CODE)" part #5.

Need help desperately pretty, anyone know how much it would roughly cost to have this installed by a shop, or the process that i would have to go through to do it on my own (preferable)

EDIT: o any does anyone know if i would need to get a whole new key for this? and if so, is there any way to get the key ordered already made along with the part?
Pejacob97 is offline   Reply With Quote