View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 07:51 PM   #30
pdxmotorhead

Just an general observation from a non interested party.
I'm not pointing to the folks involved here, rather the community at large.

Sellers:
1. MUST publish their terms clearly and stick to them.
2. Communicate ASAP no matter what plans they have that may interfere.
3. DO NOT have the right to hold funds refunds etc if they want to maintain a good reputation. Does not matter if the buyer is a jerk. And Paypal is NOT a benchmark.
4. Be an adult, you have to hold the high ground and do what you need even if your pissed off. Its part of running a business get over it...
5. If something goes wrong, Be tidy and don't BS about what happened, suck it up and be honest so it won't bite you on the butt later.
6. Don't procrastinate, your running a business, other people are depending on you doing what you promised, what seems small could be screwing someone over big time and you won't know it, until they are pissed.
7. Running a business is WORK if you think its going to be an easy buck your an idiot.

Buyers:
1. Must follow instructions. Understand the sale terms and don't whine if your perception is that they owe you the world you agree to the terms when you pay the $$.
2. Be realistic, don't start from "I was screwed" ANYBODY can have stuff happen if you know the seller is a part timer, you should expect the occasional lag. It is pretty standard in small business that people work 8AM to 5PM THEIR time zone, and weekends are NOT workdays and do not count in the wait time.
3. If you supported your local shop you would not have this problem.

"The sweet taste of a good deal, does not last near as long as the sour taste of a bad one."

Ok I'm done...

Dave