View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 04:32 AM   #6
tastade

Should only take 20 minutes or so to change these. Some helpful pointers. When you loosen the screws holding the wire harness, let the wire harness drop down a little, this will help keep the screws from falling inside the air plenum. Remove the 7 mm nuts with a nut driver (as already stated) or with a ratchet with a 7mm socket and an extension. Once the bolt is almost out, take the ratchet off, and hold your finger against the bolt as you turn the extension/socket to remove the bolt the rest of the way. This keeps you from dropping the bolt.

When putting back together make sure you line up the metal air collector in the metal groove at the bottom behind the wiring harness so the bolt holes line up nicely up against the firewall. This groove is visible on the drivers side. Then hold the 7mm nuts into the socket with your finger and push them into place, rotate the extension to get them started, then re-attach the ratchet to get them in the rest of the way.

When starting the screws that hold the wire harness, be sure to pull the wiring harness down, insert the screws into the holes in the air collector, and then push the harness slowly up towards the screws, tighten the screws lifting the harness. This will help keep you from dropping the screws inside the air plenum and greatly simplifies the task.

I removed my filters completely as I did not want to pay $40 to replace them. Does anyone know if there is adverse reaction to doing this? Like shortened fan life or anything? I am not concerned about the dirt/pollen.
tastade is offline   Reply With Quote