View Single Post
Old 07-03-2002, 06:37 PM   #2
bbnmcas

I asked my German auto mechanic about the same problem on mine. He told me that when the air bag deploys the seatbelt is tightened up. The seatbelt tightens by a partical shotgun shell being fired and pulling the seatbelt tight. (This is what my mechanic told me and he is very trustworthy) The reason the light comes on is that the connecting wire between that shell-firing system and the main computer has a short in it; most likly caused by the rubbing of the seatbelt receiver. He said he could fix it but it would require removing the seat and alot of $. Also that he could fix it but it would come on again in year or so. He checked the bag system in the dash and said its fine and not to worry about the light. Now I have a 95' so maybe it has to do with the year of the car. That is what my mechanic, that I trust very much, told me. Mind you, he could have just fixed it like I asked him and then charge me $$$ but he knew better and looked out for my financial welfare. Ask your mechanic and see what he says before you have him fix it. Good luck!
bbnmcas is offline   Reply With Quote