View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 07:55 PM   #12
Mopho

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapayaSF View Post
Thanks, Mopho, I'll keep that in mind. The only thing at the moment is the apparently common problem of a broken driver's side door panel. I've found some tutorials online, and it seems like the sort of repair I might tackle myself. But if you find a dark gray door panel for a '96, let me know!

Oh, and the California sunroof part identified here. BMW San Francisco still can't find one!
I would go to an upolstery shop on the top part you need. They will have resources the dealer won't have.
Door panel? does it just need the mounts for the push buttons re-attached?
I glued my plastic mounting brackets with epoxy, picked up new push pins (that snap into the door and are mounted on the door panel brackets that come loose).
Another way to fix the door panel if it is not cracked and falling apart, is to get some long upolstery type screws and put a few in to hold the door panel on. Kinda micky mouse, but works if you don't want to take the door panel off.

I gotta do my drivers side still, it's flopping around, already fixed passenger side when I changed the window regulator.
The part # for the door panel "clip" (push in buttons to hold door panel on)
is #51-43-8-189-311