View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 10:32 PM   #10
barearrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artem View Post
Thank you everyone for the suggestions! I think I'm almost there. Which subframe + T/As did you end up using, Strawman? 318TI stock with poly bushings? I got a set of powerflex complete rear end bushings from a while back, I will definitely put those in before running it daily, mine are giving up the ghost. I also got a specific question which I doubt the manual would answer: I will have a Z3M subframe and diff, but no axles or trailing arms. What is the difference between the stock E36ti/Z3 subframe and the Z3m subframe?
There is a big difference between the axles and trailing arms. MZ3 trailing arms are quite a bit heavier and have larger bearings; axles are equally different. MZ3 have wider rear trailing arms than all Z3 models, but retain a shallower hub. Due to this mix, this setup allows for E36/E46 fitment wheels. This is a good site to answer differences http://clavinzero.com/e30-5-lug/ Look at option 4 MZ3 option. Try this guy for parts: Freddy Melendez rebuilder1963@comcast.net. I bought a right rear trailing arm and axle (I bent it after being run off the road by a F350) and he had several MZ3's he was parting. I run Ireland engineering bushings in the subframe and stock BMW at the differential. Here in WA Haury's Lakeside collision has a subframe support method that I used - its not Randy Forbes version by any means but it hasn't failed in my MCoupe - Really depends on how hard you are on it. Either way do yourself a favor and don't be in too much of a hurry to pass up opportunities to do it right. Subframe reinforcements are critical Ireland engineering has a kit and while you are there you will want to pick up a set of caster/camber weld on adjusters for the rear. Not sure how far you want to go but if you plan to corner balance you will want the adjusters.

Last edited by barearrow; 02-07-2014 at 10:36 PM. Reason: edit
barearrow is offline   Reply With Quote