View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 12:08 AM   #9
Marv17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBMWs View Post
Good Morning Michael!

I will be doing this mod on Serene's 95 TI. I'm using a clown nose mirror off a E39 to get the alarm LED up high. I have one to install for the Cali and need to find one more for the 95. I have a few non-clown nose self dimming mirrors if you need one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fco.cortes View Post
dude I'm planning buying a autodim mirror as yours... so I can see there is not problem with the mounting? most mirrors in ebay have similar connector to the windshield but i was not really sure about it, i would take your way, trying to find an e39's.. thnks ford sharing
any of the 740iL and 540i mirrors will work...actually any BMW mirror will work. They all mount the same way. I have one on my ti as well... I connected the reverse wire for the mirror to a switch though. My switch acts as a dual purpose switch, when pressed in it allows for the EWS signal to go to the DME and crank the car when i turn the key and it also gives power to the reverse wire to the mirror so it clears up (stops the dimming). Reason I have it this way is because I had it as an automatic and swapped a manual tranny.

-Theta Chi-
Float like a cadilac, sting like a BIMMER

.... my socket is just too thick and won't fit in the hole! damnit!

Marv's 332ti is in the werks. Stay tuned ya'll ...

Check list: S52 swap, manual transmission swap, 3.25 LSD with M Coupe diff cover, SuperSprint muffler, M3 style mirrors, AFE intake, ASC delete, M50 Manifold swap, UUC strut bar, ZHP lighted knob, Vaders, M-tech interior, OEM armrest, AC Schintzer front lip, AC Schnitzer rear spoiler, Roof spoiler, 18'' rims, M3 front drilled brakes, LED interior lights, 3 spoke Euro style steering wheel, OEM roof spoiler and bike holder, Thule fairing, Euro tail lights, oil pressure guage, carbon fiber hood painted to original paint (still showing CF weaving), what's next to do...?
Marv17 is offline   Reply With Quote