View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 10:13 PM   #4
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeE View Post
my guages dont illumiunate.. just the abs light is illuminated.. the heater panel never has since i got the car.. the window switches never have either.. my windows still work.. seems like its just the speedometer and **** like that.. i think the odometer still displays the mileage too.
I told you a long time ago it was your headlight switch. There's a rheostat inside of the switch that controls everything on the dimmer circuit. You have a short somewhere that caused the rheostat to blow. Check the grey/red wire going to the back of the radio, it's the most common wire that's known to short out. Don't replace the headlight switch until you've corrected the short, otherwise your new headlight switch will just blow the same rheostat. And before you say it, we've already been through this before, your ABS light and other fault lights in the cluster have nothing to do with this problem as they're not on the dimmer circuit. Neither do your headlights. The problem is within the switch itself. Yes, I understand that your headlights still function, that's because they're not on the dimmer circuit either.

Last edited by cooljess76; 11-22-2010 at 04:00 AM.
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote