View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 05:43 PM   #14
mohaughn

How far out are you letting the pedal? If you put it to the floor 5 times in two seconds I have to wonder if you are letting it out all of the way.

What I do is turn the ignition to on, do not start the car. Immediately completely depress the pedal, slide my foot off of the gas pedal which lets it release back to 0% throttle, and repeat 4 times. I think if you just put it to the floor and then let off just a little bit it will not work.

I also think the 5 seconds starts from the time you turn the ignition on. So you can't turn the key, wait and then start doing the pedal. You have to do it all in one motion. As soon as you turn the key, you need to depress the pedal the first time. It is kind of a pain to get it to work, it probably took me several tries before I was able to get it to work. Also, if it doesn't work. turn the ignition off, take the key out, and wait a few seconds before trying again. If you keep at it and can't get it to work I guess it is possible that the throttle position sensor is not reading WOT properly.

I actually think the entire system is a pain because it usually takes a few tries to count the code properly.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote