View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 01:55 AM   #1
B1p0larbear

Default m42 misfire and smoking

Hello everyone, i have a 95ti with 275k mile. It has been running well for the past few months that i have owned it, every now and then the idle would stumble at a stop but overall okay. I left for work a few days back and had to hold the revs up to keep it running, but there was a noticeable misfire at all rpms. At this point i turned around and took the bike to work until I could mess with it over the weekend. So this weekend I started poking around, when started the idle is still very poor and this time i noticed smoke from the tailpipe, and a smell of raw fuel. I checked for signs of head gasket failure, now water in the oil, or oil in the water. At this point i pulled the plugs knowing i had a fresh set and they needed replacing anyway. Pulled all the plugs and all were dark black and smelled of fuel, also had 3 of 4 tubes saturated with oil. i replaced the plugs and reassembled, with that done i restarted the can and it is still running very poorly and smoking, but not quite stalling. If anyone has any ideas id love to hear them. thank you for reading
B1p0larbear is offline   Reply With Quote