View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 08:12 AM   #31
john318isau

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick View Post
Do you have a boost or vacuum/boost gage installed?
Yes I do have a cheap digital gauge that does both. I haven't watched it though when the problem is happening, usually too busy finding a place to pull over...

On my way home from work today the problem was much worse than usual. Happened about ten times. Stalled a few times, once when stopped waiting at some lights. I guess its good its getting worse as it should make it easier to diagnose, but I'm not going to drive it to work as it is now as it's to stressful wondering when and where is going to happen next.

(My drive to work is country type highway roads but with quite a bit of traffic, and also a narrow mountain pass. There's lots of places where there is no room to stop, and there are lots of large trucks that use the highway. So far I've mostly been lucky where I have had to stop, and sometimes I have been able to keep moving at a slow pace, but I also want to avoid damage from backfiring.)

I think I'll try a crank sensor if I can find a cheap used one, as from research that seems like a likely cause too. I did measure mine and it showed around 650 ohms but maybe it could have an intermittent fault. I would like to check the wiring more as suggested here, but it's hard to get to. Would be great to remove some of the DASC parts to get access but probably a big job and new gaskets required?

Last edited by john318isau; 05-16-2017 at 10:33 AM.
john318isau is offline   Reply With Quote