View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 06:40 PM   #9
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

What's top dollar? I mean new, the MSRP was $21,390. Subtract 10 years worth of wear and tear from that and what does it leave you with? Did the car show symptoms of a blown headgasket? Was it running when you bought it? You can't blame the seller for waxing the car, I usually clean things up prior to selling. People are more likely to buy something that is clean and shiny. What kind of wax did he use to cover up bodywork?

Here's the deal guys. These cars are getting so old that MSRP and KBB no longer apply. These cars are only worth what people are willing to pay for them. Like any major purchase, the buyer is responsible for doing his/her research and inspecting prior to handing over cash and driving off. Personally, I wouldn't even consider purchasing a car without first taking it for a test drive. I run them hard and let them idle for the entire time I'm inspecting it. Once you hand over the cash, you've bought whatever problems that car comes with. If you're in a hurry, if you overlook something, that's your fault. If the thing blows up two miles down the road, you can't blame the guy who sold it to you. Engines don't just blow up without knocking/overheating/smoking. Transmissions don't just go out without grinding/slipping/clunking. Bodywork/damage doesn't go away and then reappear. I'm looking at this car right now:
http://slo.craigslist.org/cto/1528895336.html

The seller says it needs bodywork, but he didn't say it was in an accident. Should I talk him down to $1000, buy it and then come on here and badmouth him?