View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 02:17 AM   #13
xtahoex

I just bought my own Ti... I believe I got a smoking deal but I still have about 2K invested in parts. It's all part of the negotiating process. If you are not a car person and you are not familiar with cars or problems associated with the particular car you are buying have it inspected by your mechanic or at the very least an independent mechanic. Spend extra and do a leak down and compression test. It is all vital info that can really get you a good deal on a car that needs work, or it can give you a little insurance that the car you are buying is not going to need a ton of work in the near future.

In my line of work I know everyone lies to me, hence I feel that most people in my personal life lie too. So I know for sure that the person who is selling me a used car is definitely lying to me about his car. This is one reason that I cannot bring myself to by a car over the internet sight unseen without know that it could be a complete hunk of junk.

LET THE BUYER BEWARE...

All that said... I have sold about 4 cars over the internet. From ebay to autotrader, and have always been very accurate about the condition of the cars. Maybe too accurate. But I still get that sinking pit in my stomach when the person has just bought one of my cars and is driving away... What if my car that has been so reliable to me, just decides to break down on the way home?