View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 10:29 PM   #5
Tyler
TRETEN IRGENDEINES ESELS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustenT
It sounds like a torque converter problem. As soon as the light kicks on your car starts to run like crap, like really doggy?

If your fluid is bad, it will usually start to slip, does that happen? (revs up but doesn't move while in gear or while changing gears)

BTW...BMW auto transmission come from the factory with "life time" fluid. I don't think it's recommended to flush them. I think the 318ti.net list has deteremined that it should be one of the last things done before actually replacing the tranny.

BMW should be able to pull the codes off your tranny computer for less than $250. That might be a better way to spend the $$.

I explained to the lady my situation and she came back asking me if i had the fluid flushed. I told her no and said i'd give her a call back on an appt. After talking with my dad he's thinking it could be low also,so he said to make the appt. I'm hoping the lights will be on when i get there tomorrow morning,if not i hope it's a hard code so they can still see it.

Is the tranny cooled by the radiaor??
clear outs all around,stealth turning signals,blue led interior lights, 35% tinted windows,K&N air filter, 12" Kenwood Sub, MTX Thunder Amp,Alpine cd changer, Leatherz Armrest,ACS Pedals/Handbrake/FloorMats & Vitesse Tuning Carbon Fiber B-Pillars/CF Spark Plug Cover, New 16" MSW Typer 14 Rims on Goodyear Triple Treds

www.myspace.com/avusblueti
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote