View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 01:54 AM   #1
Newbomb Turk

Default Automatic Trans Fill & Drain bolts? Same or not?

Are the Drain and Fill bolts/plugs on the 97 318ti automatic trans pan the same size? Interchangeable? I can’t seem to find a new one (fill plug) listed at parts houses. They all say Drain plug...18x24x1.5mm. The fill plug is a 20x14x1.5mm also called M30? The seals for each are different sizes. I rounded up the edges on mine, using a 17mm boxed end. I’m almost positive it’s never been off the car. I have the car on jack stands and I’m under it trying my best with my torn rotator cuff shoulder. I want to replace the fill plug if I can ever get it off. Part of my problem is I don’t have a lot of room (I’m large) and not much strength in right arm now, just pain. I replaced the ATF cooler and lost fluid, now I’m trying to top it off. I’m just about to resort to Vise-grips. I pretty much used my last nerve for today, now I’ve switched to a bit of Bourbon to help with my research. Sorry for the rant, just a little pissed... if anyone can sort me out, if both plugs are the same or not and where I can find the FILL plug for 97 318ti automatic.
Thanks, signed Oldman on last nerve...
Newbomb Turk is offline   Reply With Quote