View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 01:40 AM   #1
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Default DustenT gets a new car...Ohhh Noooo!

Story:
This last Saturday was the first really nice day of the year in Madison. It was in the 70s so me and my gf were driving around in the 318ti, visiting friends and whatnot. I drove past the BMW dealership and the gf says "I want to see that new 335i," so I drive into the lot. As we drive through I see this amazingly clean hellrot e36 m3. We get out and look, it's a '99 with 80k miles on it, but the real kicker is that it is PERFECT. Not a single flaw on it. As I walk around back to check out the pooper, I see it has a Dinan badge on it. (I hate those badges)

It's nice out so I go inside and ask if we can take it for a ride, even though I'm not in the market for another car. Big mistake. Once out of sight of the dealership, I pull over and pop the hood. Dinan treats! Carbon fiber CAI, 3.5" MAF, Dinan big bore throttle body and a very sexy carbon fiber/machined aluminum strut bar. I crawled under the back, yep, full Dinan exhaust too. I drive it around for like an hour. The car is amazing. I'm screwed. I drive back to the dealership and buy it.

The car was just pulled onto the lot before we pulled in, we were the first people to drive the car. That's kinda cool. That car wouldn't have lasted through the day if I didn't buy it. The car was sold and maintained by the local dealership (Zimbrick BMW of Madison). I got the complete history of the car, along with the info about all the Dinan mods. It's got Stage 3 software, with the intake package and exhaust, roughly 260-270hp per Dinan's site.

Pics:

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote