Thread: Hi All
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 01:49 PM   #10
OllieNZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterM52 View Post
Well, I would imagine, the little red Ti puts a grin every time, I mean just likes to rev up and just feels right. I'd say the biggest obstacle is going to be the manifold for the turbo, and how you mount it. If you are good with tig, go for it. You will do it. I would keep the stock manifold really, the MAF could use a upgrade, look into the PMAS HPX as it will work well. But truth be told for the power you are after, you might want a custom ECU system like Link (NZ Made).

Yep, no problem, happy to help where I can. I am in Northland, just a few hrs from Auckland Good going with the English bird matey, you are overall better off in UK than here.
I'm still trying to keep an open mind to new ideas while trying to solidify how I'm going to achieve my goals. Ironically perhaps I'm less concerned about the mechanical side of things than the electrical/fuel side of things. I'm going to at least investigate aftermarket ECU options. I live about 30mins away from the UK Motec HQ and their M400 ECU would fit the bill. There's also another company even closer that are not only a Motec dealer but also offer a few other interesting looking ECU options and a load of other kit and have a dyno to boot

Northland is one of the parts of the country I've spent the least time, despite being born in Auckland. Pretty much the only trip up there I remember was when I was in the RNZAF, we were up there with a chopper helping drop rat traps into the bush for DOC. Stayed at the Copthorne in Piahia and got to park the chopper on their front lawn
OllieNZ is offline   Reply With Quote