View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 02:41 AM   #10
Estii

Hmm, maybe so. Well I got the new water pump on today pretty easily. But the fun started on the start up. This car used to never run at mid heat on the gauge. It was always at just above cold even after long trips. I managed to get a gallon and a half of 50/50 anti freeze in this time, but right away when I started it up the gauge went quick to mid point and stayed there. So I went on a test run and pretty quickly the top radiator hose blew and coolant was spewed all over. tightened up the hose (which at no point during this fix did I loosen). got back home and noticed a steady stream of steam rising from that right side of the radiator. so im thinking either the radiated heat is burning off the coolant that leaked there, or I have a hole in the radiator. But until now I have a new thermostat and a new water pump, but am still no closer to a solution. Also I think some of you are under the impression I am with an M44 stock little radiator. This is not the case, I have an M3 radiator so filling and bleeding procedure may be different.
Estii is offline   Reply With Quote