View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 11:56 PM   #4
mohaughn

1500$ to do everything, front coilovers, x-brace, front subframe reinforcement, rear trailing arm bushings, rear coilovers, motor mounts, diff bushing, control arms, subframe bushings... Book rate has it at 24 hours of labor, but I was quoted the actual amount of work when you start combining items.. But I've already completed the control arms and eyeball arms, and once I get the rest of the parts the front suspension will be done. Honestly it isn't that I think it is an outrageous amount of money to do it, I just have the time coming up in the next couple of weeks to drop the subframe myself and upgrade the rear.

What does a torch have to do with removing the subframe? Or air tools for that matter. I'm going to have the bushings pressed out on a hydraulic press, so I don't have to use the DIY methods of using an air chisel and a torch to get the subframe bushing out. The methods that I have read that use an air chisel and a torch are only when you don't want to completely remove the subframe. But that is why I'm asking. Sometimes the manuals and DIY articles make things seem easier than they really are.

Air tools would be nice for working on some of these high torque bolts though.. But it is a good workout trying to break loose these pesky bolts..
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote