View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 01:58 PM   #1
hotmilk400

Default replace rear brakes?

hey,

I was thinking I really need to flush the brake system. I am not having any problems, but i am sure it’s probably the original brake fluid since the owner before me was cheap.
Anyway, I had replaced my front brake pads with Porterfield R4S pads about a year ago, and I really love them, but I never touched the rear pads. I know when I looked at the front pads, they were almost dead. You think I should maybe take a look at the rears? Haha, I never worried about the rears because they never made dust, but the front brakes turned my rims BLACK by the end of every week.. it was bad.. (I don’t even need to wash my rims now with the Porterfield brakes)

anyway, you think I should just go ahead and replace the rear brakes?.. they have to be dead, and probably don’t make any dust on the rims since they are probably gone 100% .. haha..

what I am asking is it necessary to break out the big bucks for the rear brakes, or go with cheap.. and should I get new rear rotors? for the rears, should I go with a $80 set of Porterfield’s, or can I get away with $30 brakes?? I have the good set on the front, and I won’t do the work myself and I am really low on cash.. haha.. I might have a friend who has a custom shop do it, and he would paint the calipers pretty cheaply.. or pepboys.. not sure.. haha

Also
I have an extra set of front rotors and calibers that I want to sell anyway, if anyone is interested =] off of a 1998 318ti or 328i .. not sure anymore.. Rotors look barley used. Just do best offer on them.

Green Your Decor with the Aspect! Shop for the Grow Light Used by Interior Designers, Growers & People Like You!
hotmilk400 is offline   Reply With Quote