Thread: Got hit today.
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 05:19 AM   #9
JPerfect

Well, I was taking a common route, I have taken it MANY times, being that I worked in a building in viewing distance for nearly 3 years. I came to the stop sign, and had just put her in first gear when I ended up in the grass on a curb.

Didn't know exactly what happened at first... I was a bit shellshocked, but I'm ok. The other person was able to drive their car home. It was an Acura TSX I believe.

I do not have collision on the car, however my uncle owns a body shop and is only going to charge me for parts. I'm gonna help with the rebuild as well, as long as the wheel/suspension/frame isn't gnarled up. I'm very handy with tools, and if the car was in my driveway now, I'd be hammering the hell out of it. I was victim of a hit and run once, half a year ago, and I banged the hell out of the rear fender with a rubber mallet. Looked good, only had to get it bondo'd and painted. Felt good to beat the fender too.

What I'm really afraid of, is that maybe the TSX broke my rim. That would mean certain death. The car basically rolled backwards over the curb... it's possible that the curb did that to the wheel, but I think the TSX's grill might have had something to do with it.

There's a potential problem with this accident though. It could have seemed as though I ran the stop sign, and that's probably what the lady said.

I will know tomorrow afternoon, when the car gets towed to my driveway and I can put it up on jackstands.