View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 12:48 AM   #30
vsonix

Vehicles

I've seen some horrible 1-series... but recently post facelift, it's all about the 3-door and the coupé. I saw a nice one-year old graphite metallic 3-door M-sport edition with red half-leather interior and I swear it was SEXY.
The 1 series, like the compact, will never be the mass volume seller simply because most people that spend compact/1er money on a car generally tend to go larger or for a roadster like an MX5. And most of the ones that do buy base or standard model ones. But that isn't really unpopularity, it's just that the product is a bit niche, and that's what means that 10-12 years on, a lot of us dudes who can't afford to drop more than a grand or two on a car can end up with something really stylish and unusual, but with BMW reliability and pedigree! I'm pretty sure my ti turns more heads than a sedan, and sure, e36 coupés are pretty but there's more of them. The ti is a car that has matured with age and I feel that in 10 years time a late-model of the current 1er will be just as well-loved.
vsonix is offline   Reply With Quote