View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 09:11 PM   #10
96cali

Sk8- thanks for the heads up on this thread but I need door cards from a '98 or '99 with those pesky airbag covers. Theres no real way to cut them in cleanly as the cards are actually slightly different in shape.

As far as shipping, I sent 2 front seats and the complete back seat in leather from OH to CA for around $100 via Fedex Ground a few years back. It just takes patience but heres how it broke down:

Box 1: drivers seat, detached headrest, seat lowered, back flipped forward, , 1 rear seat side bolster, bubble wrapped and bagged.
Box 2: Pasenger front, same as above
Box 3: Rear seat bottom, rear seat backs, bubble wrapped, hand made box.

You want to minimize the number of boxes foremost, but get under their maximum weight/size limits. It also helps if you can ship to a business. If Fedex is a no go I had my red millpoint interior put on a pallet and shipped from TN to OH for $200. Heck they ship engines for about that much, you should be able to get a carrier to take this. Just be sure to bag the seats with contractor jumbo trash bags and shrink wrap the snot out of it.

Can you tell I like to pack stuff? My wife doesn't even think of messing with me when packing the car at the holidays. It's like Tetris.