View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 05:02 PM   #46
OllieNZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterM52 View Post
Well, I kinda was going to say what bimmernut was saying, I mean to get the M44/M42 anywhere near 400HP would be a milestone built. Some will say you will need 30PSI, I would say 20-25PSI from a M122H would do it, since we are working with a motor that makes maybe sub 150HPat the crank. Now 450rwhp is more so asking 500 at the crank. Depends how deep you want to go into building that motor, know you can stroke it to 2.1L or so but even then, I dont know, for that kind of power you may be better off going with a 6 cylinder swap. The only setup that could do that would be capable of those levels is the M122H. We could work something out if you really wanted. I can adapt the M122H KC Discharge pan, to fit the current gen Eaton MOAB Brackets, but it will be sticking out of the hood a good few inches for sure. Also comes down to what you spend, I mean if you can do the work yourself, maybe a few grand and a lot of work will get you going with the TC setup. Totally your call.
I'd rather not have anything poking out the hood, I've always been more into sleepers TC for me then, a t3/t4 hybrid should do the trick and those blighters a dime a dozen over here unlike the larger SC's which seem to start at £500 used and skyrocket from there. FI is still FI though so I'll be following this with interest will hopefully do things others find useful.

My motor will be getting built built. Already got an 88mm M47 crank (forged one from a diesel) sat on the shelf, will be running forged rods and 86mm forged pistons and a fair few extra tweaks along the way. Pretty much a DIY Metric Mechanic build. I'll start my own build thread when I have more than the current pile of parts to show, need to finish rebuilding the ass end on my wife's 118d first
OllieNZ is offline   Reply With Quote