View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 07:10 PM   #1
LouM...

Vehicles
Default Another EWS issue -SOLVED

Hello all. It's been awhile since I've posted as everything has been going great with the Ti. Well, something is broken. And with hat in hand I am coming to the gurus for assistance....

'97 Ti, Auto, 122K miles
So, I replaced the plastic coolant pipe that is located under the intake. The pipe cracked (luckily) in the driveway. So no engine damage.
After putting everything back together, the car started and ran perfectly. Took it out to see if it was running as before. Everything was fine. Then the temp slowly crawled up to 3/4. I pulled over and let it cool and started again and bled the system thinking that there was an air lock in the cooling system. The temp dropped and and all was well. Made it home.
Turned the car off and waited for it to cool to refill the radiator. When I tried to start it.... Nothing!!! All warning lights initially come on as normal. But when I go to "Start"... Nothing. The lights do not dim as they normally do when the starter engages. Which tells me there is a possibly an electrical issue unrelated to the now repaired cooling problem.
Put the Peake tool on it and now shows that there is an EWS error. WTH???? Checked all fuses. They're good. I cleared the code. And tried again. Still dead. Tried a second key. Still dead.
Appreciate any ideas or suggestions on what to check next.
TIA

LouM...

Last edited by LouM...; 03-14-2018 at 10:25 PM.
LouM... is offline   Reply With Quote