View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 09:00 PM   #9
dave45056

I hope you are not under the car without jack stands.

Don't worry about being able to touch the starter yet. Get 2-3 feet of 3/8 extenstions and climb inder the car between the front and back wheels with your rachet/extensions and correct e-torx bit. You will be laying under the transmission brace. With your light, look toward the engine and you will see the bolts which bolt the transmission to the engine. Near the top you will see a bulge in the transmission housing. This is where the gear for the starter goes. Just below that you will see one of the bolts which holds the starter on. Navigate your extensions with the e-tporx bit on it up to the bolt, then loosen it. As you have been told before , you most likeley have a nut on the back of the starter. If this is the case, you will need someone to put a wrench on that to hold it still while you are under the car turning the ratchet.

If you remove the hose that goes from the valve cover to the pcv valve, you will see the nut if you look in the right spot. I think it's easier to see the bolt/nut for the 2nd bold if your spotter stands on the passenger side of the car and looks between the engine and the firewall.

To get at the starter wires, climb under the front of the car and slide yourself back until you are around the front wheel. from their you should be able to get the wires off of the starter. I am 5'8" inches tall with normal length arms. I can do it, so can you.

More than one person has hooked the starter up incorrectly on this forum, so pay attention to which wire goes where and make sure you put it back the same way. The easiest way is to make a sketch when you see which wire goes where.

As for the fuel line hose, any auto parts store will have it. You will need less than 1 foot of the stuff. Just tell them you need a fuel line for a fuel injected car and bring your old one to them and they will take care of it.
dave45056 is offline   Reply With Quote