View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 01:49 PM   #4
spidertri

Vehicles

I was looking to do this a few months ago but ultimately just decided to go with a new stock radiator. Anyway, I found the thread below and also pm'd pmilli814 who is selling his 318ti race car with a alum rad on the m44.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=186935

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmilli814
The 6cyl radiator physically drops in. I used the 4cyl lower radiator hose. I used a modified 6cyl upper hose.....the kicker is that I spliced in a temp sensor in the upper hose....so I'm not completely sure what exactly hooks up to the upper neatly. The difficult part is the pressure tank. The 6cyl one will work. You'll just need to splice in that tank line to the engine block somehow....probably near the heater lines. Sorry if I'm vague, but I did it on a race car with no heater. So, I'm not exactly sure what you'll hook into on a street car with all the extra hoses. Also, the stock radiator fan won't fit. I have a spal fan wired in now.

So, it's completely doable, but there is a lot to change! The plus side is that the 6cyl radiators are cheap and they are way overkill for the 4cyl!

98 328ti Morea Grun slicktop
11 128i space gray slicktop
13 JGC WK2 Deep Cherry

Search | RealOEM
spidertri is offline   Reply With Quote