View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Default CCV solution for boosted motors

I have come up with a solution of the CCV valve being destroyed by boost. We have been just capping the CCV valve which causes no crankcase vacuum. This in turn cause ring blow by and oil leaks plus performance loss. If you leave the CCV in line without plugging it you will have boost pressure in the crankcase under boost and oil will come out of every place you can imagine. Mine blew off the dipstick and dumped 2 quarts in 1 run which caused major traction issues.

Here is the solution. Purchase a catch can and 2000-2004 volvo brake assist vacuum pump (Other pumps can be used like many Chevy, Audi, Jag, etc.) Plug off the CCV valve completely including the air vent for the diaphram. I use JB weld quick for the air vent hole and cut the vacuum hose from the CCV and block it with a bolt and hose clamp. This will completely eliminate the factory CCV.

Install a catch can off the valve cover CCV hose and then the electric vacuum brake assist pump on the other end of the catch can. This will ensure good vacuum at all times to the crankcase. The catch can will eliminate oil from getting into the vacuum pump. Problem solved I think I will report back my results

Here is the pump I purchased on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/140855560111...84.m1423.l2649

Best to all, John Smith

Last edited by xxxJohnBoyxxx; 09-24-2012 at 02:00 PM.
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote