View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 12:12 AM   #4
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03whitegsr View Post
Fair warning, people have lit cars on fire trying this...

Those pumps are meant to deal with air, not fuel and oil vapor.
Please post your therory of why this or any brake booster pump will cause a fire otherwise don't post mis-information to make yourself feel good by crapping on my thread.

I have done my homework on this mod and have 29 years racing boats/cars with actual experience using these brake booster pumps. I'm fairly confident you are full of BS and have nothing to offer but a theory that oil vapor at any temp and all fuel vapor ratios will catch on fire which is completely false.

I'm not perfect but I try very hard not to post upgrades that are dangerous
to the point of burning down someone's car. I would have put in a disclaimer if there was any possible issues with this mod. Please post your back-up information or who's cars caught on fire by doing this mod and I will gladly eat a large helping of "Crow Pie". If you have nothing but your own therory that fuel and oil vapor will catch on fire using any electrical vacuum pump you are a person that needs to take the cotton out of your ears and stuff it in your mouth, in other words STFU.

I have done the research and have personal experience with systems like this and I just don't have the time to explain it all right now. If you want to learn then look up oil vapor flash temps and fuel/air ratio flash points as a start. Maybe look up the vacuum pump that is used for a brake booster pump since brake fluid is much harsher then oil or fuel. Brake booster pumps need to be able to ingest brake fluid vapor and liquid without catching on fire. This is a factory pump with no recalls ever for fire hazzard.

Reguards, John Smith
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote