View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 11:25 PM   #1
LeadFox

Vehicles
Exclamation Uknown power flux

I have a '95 318ti, 4cyl, 2 dr. All stock. I've been having this power issue where first my stereo will lose sound, then die all together. Then the ABS and battery light will come on, shortly after the entire dash will die. No RPMs, no MPH, no milage, natta. Even the outside temp will warn me saying it's 4F or 16F (wtf??) Then the car itself would die.So first I test the battery-bad cell=replaced battery, but still same prob. Then replace alternator (which looked and felt like it really needed it) which did seem to help or at least prolong the car from dying. So now I still have the problem of stereo dying and my ABS light coming on and temp going wacky, but my RPMs maintain now and I feel I could drive it but the longer I drive it the worse it gets, then when I stop it seems to slowly recover. Like I'll sit in the driveway after a spin and the stereo will eventually work again.
SOoo...any one got any ideas of what to do? I plugged it into an analyzer and got codes for a fuel pressure reg, fuel filter (bought but not in yet) and oxygen sensor.
LeadFox is offline   Reply With Quote