View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 12:43 AM   #1
Artem

Vehicles
Thumbs down *WARNING* Don't Buy UNIQUEINC's mirrors

Hi everyone,

I am tired of dealing with this asshat and a scam artist and I want to warn everyone so that the same doesnt happen to anyone else. I talked to Sito and he told me the same story - paid a lot of money, got a sub-par product.

The quick story is: Paid on march 4th, was promised the mirrors in 2 weeks, when I got the mirrors two and change months later, I was not impressed with the job, what I had was more like a $75-100 set of mirrors and if these WERE painted, this was the worst paint job I've ever seen. To add insult to injury, I got some matching nail polish that looks like was used to touch up the mirrors in a few spots.

The long story: I paid on march 4th, $250 (the full price he was asking for these M3 mirrors.) He said no problem, all good in 2 weeks I will see them with new mirrors, motors, etc etc, and that I will have a picture-by picture progress, which seemed over the top but sure whatever - I paid $250 so I thought maybe its a part of his customer service... Never seen anything that he promised.

Then I spaced out for a month, asked him about the status. About 3 times in the span of the next few months - every time its like 90-99% complete and I should 'see it soon'. On may 11th, I finally receive the mirrors and when I opened them I was really unimpressed. Between then and putting them on my car, I noticed the following issues:

1. One of the mounting threads on the passenger side mirror is completely stripped (the top one) - I had to use a longer screw and even then it was barely holding it
2. The mirror motors are clearly old and have very loud operation, but thats not the worst of it
3. The mirror motors do not travel all the way on at least the driver's side mirror
4. The driver's side mirror glass is loose and isnt firmly attached to the moving mechanism
5. On top of all that, everything about the ****ty paint job still applies. I've attached pictures to show you some of the bigger annoying pieces on there.
6. Despite the mirror glass being clean, the internals are definitely dirty and look used.

After I confronted him about all these issues, he claimed it was a hired help that screwed up and he's been supposedly helping me sort it out, and I wanted to believe him, and I thought he would make things right, but after repeated queries and warnings he has not done anything. After talking to Sito (who got Alaska blue mirrors off him) I saw through his bull****.

SO PLEASE, PLEASE DONT BUY ANYTHING HE SELLS, HE IS JUST A SCAM ARTIST LOOKING TO MAKE MONEY OFF US, ENTHUSIASTS.

I still have PMs from him and all the emails that I sent him and one he sent me back, so if anyone wants any clarification I can provide it. The crappy pics are taken with my phone, I can take better ones with my DSLR if needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20140805_184239.jpg Views:	245 Size:	16.5 KB ID:	15193   Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20140805_184309.jpg Views:	268 Size:	22.4 KB ID:	15194   Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20140805_184322.jpg Views:	262 Size:	45.2 KB ID:	15195  

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20140805_184335.jpg Views:	240 Size:	27.7 KB ID:	15196  

Last edited by Artem; 09-10-2014 at 12:46 AM.
Artem is offline   Reply With Quote