View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #6
raamaudio

I have hundreds of thousands of miles of fun on public roads under my belt but always in a properly setup car and 99.9%, at least, away from others I could hurt if I messed up or broke the car.

I sold my very modified Vette last year that was very fast but not due to stupid power. It had plenty but I could handle it just fine, the whole car was so well sorted out and dialed in it was simply no longer fun to drive as just to capable and it was a convertible so I did not track it but once for a couple of laps, far to fast to do so without a roll bar. I spent at least 50 hours on a proper roll bar design as none sold were built to actually do the job, just bling crap and unsafe ones, but decided there was to much cutting up the car to do it right so I parted it to stock ($40k in mods) and traded it off on my new dually.

Now I feel, for me, the only reason to set up a car so well is if going to track it, autocross, etc.....for the street, some nice mods to make it a bit better, a bit faster, look better, is more than enough. Keeping it safe and reliable and not endangering others with it, that can be done but might not boost the ego enough of those lacking for attention.
raamaudio is offline   Reply With Quote