View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 05:01 PM   #1
Pier

Vehicles
Default Rear shock install help please

I bought another 318ti after my previous one got totalled by some drunk driver.
It came with a JOM Blueline coilovers, and here in Belgium that's not allowed for road use so i decided to buy Bilstein B4's.

I gathered all the parts as listed on RealOEM.com but i have some questions regarding orientation of the parts.

I'm certain about everything from the Bilstein top nut (#12) to the guide support(#7).
But what goes below that has me confused.

The support that goes below #7 has a washer gasket (33526751174) that is not assigned a number on the picture, is it #17, and if so is it the top or bottom one or do i need 2 for each shock?

Same goes for the Plate (33526776759) accompanying #7, i have no idea where this goes.

The shim (#5) goes above the top buffer (#3) but how is the top buffer oriented? Flat side up or down?

I think i've maybe gotten the wrong protection tube (#4) since mine came with an additional shock absorber that is not present on the picture.

I don't think it's possible to install the tube without the absorber, and i'm not sure about the absorber's orientation and position.
Does it go between #1 and #3, #3 and #5 or #5 and #6?

Lastly, Bilstein provided a washer (B6-KT1-Z001A22) with the rear shock, for bolt #2.
Does this go between the bolt and the shock or the shock and the trailing arm?

Any help or insight is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Last edited by Pier; 02-07-2019 at 05:29 PM.
Pier is offline   Reply With Quote