View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 02:29 AM   #1
raamaudio

Default L33 swap, anybody done it, considered it?

LS 5.3 liter all aluminum from a truck, easy to find for low prices, 310 HP, 330 Torque...easy to get a bit more with just headers, intake and tune and a bunch more if you want it.

I have a forged LS1 that makes close to 500HP at the crank on 87 octane but it far more than I want or need in this car so I am going to sell it. I bought it for the all out nuts M3 I was building, $12k in just the suspension!, even the L33 is more than enough but a great engine for the money.

I was considering the M54B30 but finding a few issues I want to avoid.

M44 dasc, hard to find a really good one, combination of 4 banger and SC sound, been there before, twice on other vehicles, not my favorite though very easy.

Turbo the M44, I have not found a quality bolt on and go kit, if any out there let me know, I only need around 200WHP to be happy for this particular build, a bit more is ok, the L33 way more than needed but such a great engine for cheap........

I also need to know if anybody had mated a ZF5spd to an LS, cheap, great, low weight trans, I really do not want a T56, a TKO would probably work but the ZF shifts so well and can handle some decent power.

Thanks

Rick

Last edited by raamaudio; 06-01-2013 at 02:38 AM.
raamaudio is offline   Reply With Quote