View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 04:34 PM   #42
spidertri

Vehicles

Hard to believe the last time I posted was in 2016. TTE build didn't happen, I suppose life has gotten in the way a bit, which certainly hasn't been a bad thing. I made it out to VIR and Dominion last year and a few local autox. The car is just so much fun to drive I haven't had the desire to change much.

The one change I did make in 2017 was swapping from the 3.73 rear diff to a 3.07 torsen. I wanted to get some of the top end back and see if the torsen would better apply the power along with the trailing arm rear end. So far it has been a worthy change.

Fast forward to this year. Car is currently down getting refreshed front TCK struts, 550lb front springs, offset FCABs, 300mm front rotors, 38mm rear calipers, and some other maintenance.

As much as I'd love to go to bigger front rotors and vented rear rotors, I enjoy the feel of the car on the shorter 15" tires. So these brake upgrades will fit under those wheels.

I run RBF600 fluid and PFC08 pads. My upgrade will change the brake bias from the stock 66.6% to 62.6%. This means it will ask the rear brakes to do a little more work, hopefully that won't be an issue. Stock E36 M3 bias is 61.2% and Z3M bias is 60%.

The front spring rate change is going from current 650lb springs to 550lb springs. This is to try and get the suspension frequency back into a good place. Running 650/700 was nice on track to put power down but driving the car over bumps was miserable as the response of the rear was too close to the same frequency as the front. This, as well as really old struts, made the ride bouncy.

I've also picked up a M50 manifold and adapter kit. Keeping my eyes peeled for some S52 cams to get a nice little 25hp bump with a retune from Markert Motorworks. Those changes will probably happen this fall after I blow my car budget on all the stuff right now.

98 328ti Morea Grun slicktop
11 128i space gray slicktop
13 JGC WK2 Deep Cherry

Search | RealOEM
spidertri is offline   Reply With Quote