View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 05:16 AM   #5
arinborn

Ji Money - thanks so much for all the info. It has really helped. I have been patient and searching since February. Also I have made great use of the suggestions from members such as yourself in examining candidate vehicles.

I just purchased a 1995 318iS - 119K miles. Automatic. Black and tan. Original paint. Everything stock. The features I was looking for. The owner was a highly successful executive and obviously loved the car as if it were her child. It has all of the maintenance records. All the original owners kit -manuals and etc. It even has the delivery receipt document when the shipper off loaded to the dealer. It has all the tools. The car is immaculate. As near as I can tell, from reading the forums and such, the various items that can surface have all been taken care of.

Truthfully - I can't believe that I actually own a BMW. It is so bitchin. ( Old school SoCal term for 'awesome') I am soooooo glad I started wondering if BMW offered a 4 cylinder car when I was looking at the Hondas and Toyotas which were similarly priced with similar price and mileage. I found that the proven, reliable Asian cars were not anywhere near as well engineered, manufactured or well preserved as the BMW line.

Thanks again!
arinborn is offline   Reply With Quote