Thread: PA 97 318ti DASC
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 11:12 PM   #1
cmoore

Default 97 318ti DASC

SOLD, feel free to remove. Sold to 318ti.org member!

Car is an active model. 5-speed, about 175K on it. Maybe 1000 miles since low mileage DASC install - was told about 30K on the DASC (but I have no way to prove that). Was installed locally by BMW mechanic at home who does work in his home garage that has a lift, so not exactly a DIY.

At the end of this posting is a link to an ad from a while back when I attempted to sell prior to the DASC install to clear space in my driveway garage for a renovation we were about to undertake. Sadly, renovation is winding down and a lot of bills are coming due so its back on the market to help pay to finish the renovation. And my apologies for not parking the car next to a windy road freshly waxed to take better, sexier pictures, i just don't have time. There are more pictures in the other ad - and we all know what they look like. And if there is something you really need to see, I can take specific photos of that, etc.

Will quickly list some of the upgrades/recent maintenance at time of DASC install: (I have #'s somewhere for leakdown and compression test prior to the DASC install just to make sure its worth doing with the motor with this mileage)

Bilstein/HR sport
DS-1 rims with tires 2-3K miles on them
Sport model sway bars with new end links.
Reinforced plates for shock/strut mounts.
braided brake lines
larger e46 328 new, vented rotors brakes/calipers/brackets
rebuilt steering rack
cooling system overhaul
most recently new supersprint cat back.

probably a bunch of other miscellaneous things - have had the car for maybe 5-6 years by now, slowly improving and upgrading things over time.

comes with a ton of parts - see previous ad - more since.

http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40819

still, won't try to suggest car is perfect.
small rust bubbles at rear quarters,
bad front fender repair showing through (from PO) but I have a montreal blue OEM fender waiting to be installed.
headliner sagging
a-pillars badly repaired
check engine light on for missing DISA (havent got a chip yet)
ABS light for seat belt tensioner
a few parking lot dings and such but its a driver car more than a show car.

While I am anxious to offset some upcoming bills, I won't give the car away, I am not that desperate to sell, but maybe a little.

Looking for $4500. We all know what the DASC is worth, recently was offered $2500 just for that. So that plus 2K for car seems pretty reasonable. Probably not the ideal time to be selling a car like this going into the winter in the northeast/mid atlantic, but maybe it would make a nice Christmas present for someone who already has heat in their house.

If you have questions PM or email me, 267-235-8599

(And/OR selling a 116k mile 98 Z3 with the aluminum 2.8 - which would make a great car for a lightweight 318ti swap)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	DSC_0010.jpg Views:	417 Size:	82.6 KB ID:	17055   Click image for larger version Name:	DSC_0011.jpg Views:	412 Size:	85.1 KB ID:	17056   Click image for larger version Name:	DSC_0012.jpg Views:	413 Size:	91.3 KB ID:	17057  

Click image for larger version Name:	DSC_0013.jpg Views:	376 Size:	77.9 KB ID:	17058   Click image for larger version Name:	DSC_0014.jpg Views:	424 Size:	74.3 KB ID:	17059  

Last edited by cmoore; 12-12-2017 at 11:51 PM. Reason: SOLD
cmoore is offline   Reply With Quote