View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 01:35 AM   #40
Strawman

The new detents and rebuilt shifter mechanism definitely made the transmission shift smoother in the Z3M. I'll plan to do the same for my 318ti over the winter.

Over the weekend, I eliminated the rear wiper on my 318ti, since I've never like the looks of it and I never used it. Attached are some pics.

I also bought paint to respray it the stock Calypsorot color. I'll be using LIMCO/BASF waterbased base color and NASON clearcoat. A guy at work does body and paint on the side, and he's lining up a paint booth for us (me!) to rent. I'll scuff off the rest of the clearcoat and prep the parts I took off the M3 parts car (currently Estoril Blue): front fenders, mirrors, and front bumper/dam. Hopefully, I can get this all completed in the next two months.

I also ordered new rear hub/axle bearings, and an LSD rebuild kit from Thayer Motorsports. I'm going with the 3-clutch "performance" setup. This will help me eliminate the howling/growling from the back of the car, while also helping the car hook up better now that I've got new tires (Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 245-40-17 in rear and 225-45-17 in front).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	prepped parts.jpg Views:	214 Size:	119.4 KB ID:	16449   Click image for larger version Name:	magnet on.jpg Views:	209 Size:	42.8 KB ID:	16450   Click image for larger version Name:	First tacks.jpg Views:	211 Size:	124.8 KB ID:	16451  

Click image for larger version Name:	ground down.jpg Views:	251 Size:	137.3 KB ID:	16452  
Sleeper Calypsorot 1996 318ti tintop. CA-legal swapped S52 from '98 M3, and ZF transmission with lightened flywheel/clutch. Magnaflow 2-into-1 muffler. Six-cylinder Eibach springs in front and 318ti H&R Sport springs in rear. Koni Sport adjustable dampers all around. Racing Dynamics 28mm & 19mm swaybars. M3 front hubs/brakes, E34 rear calipers, braided SS brake lines, Hawk HP-S pads. DS-II wheels. Polyflex purple bushings throughout, and factory lower x-brace. Fan delete mod. Engine mount reinforcements welded-in. 3.25 LSD rear diff from E28 & E30 axles.
Strawman is offline   Reply With Quote