View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 10:28 PM   #94
anassa

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFDanHef View Post
I called them and confirmed, 506 is the number stamped on the caliper carrier from the E46 325,328 or Z4. I ordered their bracket and hopefully it will get here sometime this week, I'm going to go pick up a couple of the carriers from the junkyard and I've got some nice fresh new Brembo slotted rotors. Hopefully I'll have it all installed by weeks end and I'll post the results.
Sounds good, it would be really interesting to see if the m3 calipers cover the 300mm rotors!

That actually gets me thinking . . . could the front m3 caliper also be fitted onto a different bracket to fit over front 300mm rotors from the e46?

The only reason to do this would be to be able to fit a smaller wheel over the brakes - which could be helpful to some people who have different regulations for their series/group/etc? ?

Imagine: 300mm vented rotors front and rear with e36 m3 calipers all around with wide 15" wheels and stick tires . Could be interesting, and useful to someone!

I know the 300mm rotors/e46 calipers will work with the correct offset 15" wheels but if the m3 caliper is bigger it might be tough. hmmmmmm...

***328ti Build thread. ***

Even more important:
SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE!
Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!
anassa is offline   Reply With Quote