View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 03:49 AM   #1
marko

Default FS: 2.25" Stromung SS Exhaust

selling my Stromung 2.25" inch SS exhaust...

PICK UP ONLY! (will not ship at this juncture, but I will meet you anywhere within 30 miles of ZIP 07716).

CASH, MONEY ORDER OR PAYPAL ONLY!

I got it as a part of a group by earlier this year & was never very happy with it (paid $460 + shipping for it).

I got 1 out of two exhausts made with 2.25" tubing VS. the 'regular' 2.0" that are generally sold for the 318ti (Scott from Stromung suggested extra large tubing would help squeeze out the most power out of my DASC-ed ti).

I found this thing to be way too loud & (unlike most group buy recepients) I did not feel any extra power (PLEASE SEE ALL OF MY OTHER POSTS & THREADS IN REGARDS TO THIS EXHAUST).

After a few months of debating these issues with Scott, he decided to send me a new (this time a 2.0") unit, for the 'cost of materials only' which came out to $195 before shipping.

This exhaust has been on my car for exaclty 2 weeks, at which point I yenked it off, and it has been sitting in my garage ever since.

Please see photos below... & note the following 3 issues if & before deciding to IM me.

1- Tip has been painted black, since I hated the size of it - but it can be easily removed with either sand paper or paint thiner (tip is brushed SS otherwise).

2 - Stromung placed a subframe clearing 'dimple' on the wrong section of the tubing - which meant I had to dimple it myself (less eloquently) on the proper section. I was told by Scott from Stromung this does not affect performance or sound.

3 - Once installed, the exhaust had a slight leak right at the bottom side of the junction with the cat downpipe. This is probably easily remedied (I just could not be bothered as I knew it was not staying on the car).

Asking $200 for it- to cover the cost of the new unit just recently received.

Cheers... M
marko is offline   Reply With Quote