View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 06:43 AM   #58
anassa

Vehicles

Oh nice! Congrats on doing the head job well then! Sounds like a good learning experience.

I wonder how much the tune has to do with the 4k "power switch" I have a TRM tune, it is tuned for m50 manifold+S52 cams - but for the longest time I didn't have the m50 manifold just s52 cams and there was still a bit of a "power switch" around the 4k point instead of a smoother transition. Once the m50 manifold is on I wonder how it will feel.

Anyways the reason I find it weird is because it reminds me of my Honda days with VTEC YO! But that was actually a change of physical cam profiles that gave that power surge, which the m52 doesn't have, it almost seems like the tune does it on purpose to make you feel like the tune/mod is worth it - instead of having a smooth power band. I also wonder how similar our tunes are since they both seem to have the same characteristic - tuners just sharing boxed tunes and charging different prices?

Nice wheel collection! I have a feeling the 15" wheels are the same TRM set I sold you years ago? Good to hear they are still good! What tire size is giving you trouble with the fenders?

Hmmm I have a 3.15 that I am thinking of swapping out the 3.46 for. The acceleration of the 3.46 is nice, but more shifting is required as well as well as having not so fun cruising rpms- I feel you on the getting old part haha - besides the 3.15 came stock with the 2.8L z3s so it seems like a good combo . . . but I am hesitating because accerlation from the 3.46 is attractive and the idea of purposely putting in a "slower" part bugs me for no logical reason. I would almost prefer to swap for a 6spd to have a cruising gear. But that is not happening any time soon.

***328ti Build thread. ***

Even more important:
SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE!
Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!
anassa is offline   Reply With Quote