View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 08:08 PM   #7
J!m

Vehicles
Default MAJOR UPDATE!!!

Hey guys.

Due to recent scheduling challenges (that's the PC way of saying I have no time!) I have been unable to deliver books for a while now.

However, as promised, I am looking into options to gauge interest and to offer special pre-order pricing on an actual, professional, color, bound, softcover book.

The printout I was doing crept up in cost to $70 (including domestic shipping) over the years for my 'desktop-published' edition for the last year or so I was able to send them out.

This new, "fancy" version, printed by actual printer-type people, will probably run slightly more, at $80 retail + Priority mail shipping, (which I think is around $6 but I may be able to get a better "media mail" rate). That price is based on the current 218 pages of content, with 143 of those having full color illustrations and/or photos on them. Printed on 70# paper with a glossy soft cover.

So the bottom line is I'm looking for interest for those willing to pre-order to help fund the initial print run. That will be 24 copies (23 because I'd like one for my book shelf!) and I can increase that number if I get overwhelming interest (which I am not expecting). But the pre-order price will be somewhere around $50 and whatever it ends up being, the domestic shipping will be included. I will sign these first run copies as well. Maybe when I'm dead they will be worth more... After the pre-order batch, subsequent book orders will be "normal", so regular pricing. But they should remain available for the foreseeable future. The price on the forums will probably be slightly lower than the eBay price as I have to give eBay their cut of course...

I need to contact BMW and make sure I can use some images I found on the web that are in the current version. That may delay things (or I'll have to take them out) but I'm working on these details now. Do not expect anything to happen for at least a month, if not three. Plenty of time to save up.

Note: this is a "feeler" and I already have several old PM's of people looking for my book who I will be contacting as well. I will also be posting the same thing at www.bimmerforums.com . As ,mentioned above, if I get more than 24 people who want to pre-order I will increase the initial order volume to have one for everyone that has pre-ordered. I will not be asking for any money from anyone until we get closer to the order placement. I will need payment in a timely manner once that ball starts rolling however.

Thanks for reading!

Order Swap Manuals Here => http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12912

WolferJ- gone but not forgotten. R.I.P.
J!m is offline   Reply With Quote