View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 11:43 AM   #36
xxxJohnBoyxxx

DISA valve.

On the DASC the DISA is removed. I found out the hard way by leaving the DISA in my turbo motor and that damaged the motor.

When you are in boost and the DISA opens it slams open from the boost. It is made out of plastic and breaks. The metal rod that acuates the DISA then goes down a intake runner and in my case pinned a intake valve open and dropped a rocker off, lucky it dropped the rocker so the vavle stayed shut and pinned the rod between the seat and valve. If it had got in the cylinder it would have destroyed the piston and head.

You can solve this by putting a block off plate on the manifold. I think the plate is only the 1995 by-year (OBD-I to OBD-II swap) model. Now that you disabled the DISA you will need a simulator or modified code to remove the CEL error. There is only one simulator that was made and I thnk it is still working (IPCapitol made it, Knowledge base). Downing DASC does a half ass way to solve this by removing the DISA and leaving it plugged in, zip tied on the bottom of the intake manifold (Total Cheeze Wiz)

Just an FYI so you don't make the same mistake trying to boost a motor with DISA
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote