View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 02:56 AM   #38
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus View Post
I haven't looked but why could you not just permanently shut the DISA valve (leave it on the short runners) leave the actuator plugged in so the ecu is happy and be done with it.

I totally understand that you want to run lots of boost and for that you need better tuning, you say 5-6psi won't do much - it'll surely do as much as a DASC - and that is what I am looking for - I have plenty of high HP cars, I just want the Ti to be faster and I am guessing most people who drive one do too.
I would not advise doing that. The DISA does not switch from short to long intake runners. When the valve opens it allows air through all 4 runners. First, if you pin it on the short runners then you will choke the motor at higher RPM where it needs all 4 runners flowing. Second, your fuel economy will degrade due to reduced volumetric efficiency, the motor runs with all 4 runners flowing at highway speeds. Finally, the worst part is the valve is not made to handle any boost and I bet it would destructs from low boost levels leaving you with the metal actuator arm traveling down and into the cylinder where it would destroy that cylinder quick.

DISA and boost do not mix well at all and I know this due to a failure in the first 500 miles on my motor.

You can plate off the DISA with a DISA block off plate but you would then get a CEL error dut to the missing valve. There is a DYI from IPCapitol in the knowledge base showing how to make a DISA simulator or you can have the DISA operation check removed from the DME code.

John S
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote