View Single Post
Old 06-14-2023, 11:32 PM   #3
Ultraviolet

Hello All

Here are some updates of the AMR500 Hyde project.

-Pictured here is my 318 engine bay with all the stuff removed...other than the throttle body as we still had it on the cable at this point.

-We took the fasteners off the charcoal canister and let it hang.

-As per the Hyde instructions we used the 2 alternator bolt locations to mount the Hyde MOAB. This required using longer (10mm longer) bolts
Also the instructions list to only do one bolt at a time...this keeps the alternator in place

-Using the Spacers and a new Belt Idler Puller supplied in the Hyde Kit it is ready for belting

-We also belted the whole thing up. Here was a change from the Hyde M43-44 engine kit. We ended up needing a shorter belt for my M-42 engine. A 2050mm 6PK belt was purchased locally and fitted nicely.

All in all this was a pretty easy procedure. We had to open up a few of the holes in the MOAB, for easy bolt alignment, but this is probably do to m-42 differences.
In general the MOAB gets this Supercharger in the right place and alignment with little fuss.
I would say that the MOAB easily saves a month or more of messing around with cardboard cutouts trying to achieve proper placement.
The MOAB is nicely engineered and finished and it combined with the AMR500 looks almost factory in the engine bay.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	Unknown.jpg Views:	246 Size:	64.0 KB ID:	18216   Click image for larger version Name:	Unknown-3.jpg Views:	268 Size:	104.6 KB ID:	18217  
Ultraviolet is offline   Reply With Quote