View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 02:25 PM   #10
Will'sBimmer

This is why I change my own oil. Something simple that can wrong. If this had happened to me I would have went home and just fixed it myself. I hope your car is ok but if it was me I would go to a parts store (not Sear's) and get a 5 quart bottle and another one quart bottle of oil. Get a new oil filter and change that oil yourself. I know for mine I drain the oil, take out the filter (with the oil plug still out) replace the filter, tighten the oil filter housing back down. Remember to replace the o-rings on the cap, then put the oil plug back in. Put in 5 quarts of oil. Turn your car on for like 30 seconds to let the oil circulate, and then check your level. See if you need to add more. Add more till you get around the fill level. I would keep it just a little below the full line since having too much may not be a good thing. I mean there is a line for a reason. I am sure your car is fine. But I know I wouldn't want to drive around with too much. I will see where my level is cold and where it is warm. I think it should be about the same. I will see and get back to you.
custom dual exhaust,M3 front and rear bumper, 10.4 inch roof mount drop screen, Viper alarm system, DSII's rims, M3 Vader Seats, M3 Mirrors, Carbon Fiber CAI, Smoked Corners, Side Markers, Leatherz armrests, black grilles

225k miles and still the Ti goes on
Will'sBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote